Keeping food cold is all about keeping the cold with the food and that’s exactly what the patented design of Randell’s FX Series system does. The FX Series features an insulated refrigerated tub on drawer slides that keeps the cold with the food as you access the storage cavity and its horizontal seal keeps the cold air in, keeping temperatures consistent while reducing stress on the unit’s compressor.
Engineered to be the superior refrigeration solution for a variety of menu items, the FX Series provides precise temperature control at the operator’s fingertips — making it easy to keep food safely within the proper range. Whether refrigerating, freezing, rapid chilling or safety thawing, the FX Series delivers reliable performance when holding fish (without ice), red meats at just the right temperatures for repeatable grilling, poultry, frozen smoothie ingredients or even milk at coffee bars to ensure consistent steaming times.
The complete FX Series line is designed to work seamlessly with a variety of commercial foodservice equipment — streamlining workflow and increasing efficiency with every shift, every day. In a time when adding value is critical for foodservice operations of all sizes and scopes, the FX Series delivers reliability and versatility on a scale never before possible.
The tub is removable for cleaning or clean in place allows for the most thorough cleaning and disinfecting for enhanced food safety available on the market, while its flexible design accommodates installation directly at the point of preparation — lessening the chances of contamination from moving ingredients around the kitchen.
- Holds accurate temperatures +/- 2ºF
- Holds temperature precisely from -5ºF to 40ºF, or anywhere in between, so red meat stays fresher longer (at 26ºF) and chicken is easier to fillet (at 33ºF)
- Hold fish at 32ºF without ice, no more mess
- Unit turns off when opened, saving energy
- Drawer delivery system features tub that moves the cold with the product, ensuring better temperature holding and provides full and easy access to loading and retrieving of product – no more slouching over and reaching to back of door units
- Gasket in a horizontal position, eliminating damage caused by loading of product
- Drawer tracks on outside of food zone ensure no freezing, allowing 100% of the insulated insert to be used for food storage
- Full-capacity tub holds only product, with no coil, fan or other parts to get in the way of storage
- Drawers allow users to put bagged product directly in the unit, eliminating extra handling
- FX is noticeably quieter compared to traditional refrigeration, allowing it to be used in areas where traditional self-contained refrigeration designs would be too loud
- FX 4-N-1 unit sets precise temperature anywhere from -5ºF to 40ºF, allowing users to blast chill up to (2) 12x20 (2” deep) pans in less than 4 hours
- Designed and manufactured in the United States
|Product Attributes||RANDELL||Delfield – 406 refrigerator, 407 freezer||True – TUC-27, TUC-27F||Traulsen UHT27, UTL27|
|Temperature range, able to convert to any temperature from 40 to -5 °||YES||No||No||No|
|Same unit can be used for refrigerator or freezer||YES||No||No||No|
|Holds accurate temperature +/- 1 degree||YES||No||No||No|
|Exceptional energy efficiency – compressor shuts off when drawers/doors open||YES||No||No||No|
|Storage capacity - tub drawer design allows for bagged product to be placed directly in drawer, not limited to pan storage||YES||No||No||No|
|Holds fish without ice||YES||No||No||No|
- RANDELL - PREP TABLES
- RANDELL - BLAST CHILLERS
- RANDELL - REFRIGERATORS & FREEZERS: WORKTOP & UNDERCOUNTER
Randell FX Series Capabilities