SmartSteam 100 Steamers
With its connected boilerless design for full generator access and hassle-free auto fill-and-drain function, the SmartSteam 100 boilerless steamer from Groen is a truly high-performance commercial a la carte-style steamer capable of heavy-duty, high-production batch cooking. In today’s crowded market, it is unmatched in its versatility, ease of use, and water and energy savings.
The SmartSteam 100 reduces water usage by as much as 50% compared with traditional generator and boiler steamers. And with a gas model that is 80% more efficient than standard burner assemblies, there’s only one choice for rapid food production that retains flavor, freshness and appearance — all while saving valuable resources.
Its electronic timer allows for batch cooking and continuous steam, providing plug-and-play functionality for a la carte restaurants. The SmartSteam 100’s boilerless technology also makes cleanup quick and easy, with no traditional deliming required. With no harsh chemicals and less maintenance downtime, you’ll not only save time and money — you’ll help protect the environment as well. So when it comes to a boilerless steamer solution that gives you more flexibility, more capacity and more confidence to get the job done in any foodservice setting, the SmartSteam 100 from Groen is the performance and efficiency leader.
- Available in electric and gas models, both with variable capacities of three (3), five (5), and ten (10) pans (ten (10) pan models accommodate full-size sheet pans)
- Offered in table-top, stand-mounted and double-stacked units with the industry’s largest capacity
- Elements in electric models individually attached to underside of cavity and sized for optimum heat transfer, resulting in significant energy savings
- Reservoir steam lid helps divert waste to drain so unit can handle light seafood applications, as well as starches, vegetables and proteins
- Slide-out steam lid separates food pans from steam reservoir, allowing easy access for cleaning
- Easy-to-use diagnostics display service code, allowing most problems to be diagnosed on the phone, thus reducing service visits
- Single-point connections for gas, water and drain result in lower installation costs
- Field reversible doors help accommodate any flow pattern in the kitchen
- Hands-free, push-up a la carte-style-handle easily opened and closed
- Mirror finished interior makes cleaning easier while maintaining a more polished appearance day after day
- Ideal for a la carte applications, high-volume restaurants, commissary kitchens, convention centers, hotels and casinos, and large hospitals and schools
- Special two-year parts and labor warranty for K-12 schools (steamer cavity covered by five year warranty)
- Groen steamers were recognized among the foodservice consultant community as Best-in-Class 2014 by Foodservice Equipment & Supplies magazine
|Product Attributes||GROEN||Cleveland Steamchef||Vulcan N/A (Crown)||Market Forge Altair|
|Side-mounted convection fan||YES||No||No||No|
|Hands-free door latch||YES||No||No||No|
|Ventless side panels||YES||No||No||No|
|Full sheet pan models||YES||No||No||No|