With the industry’s highest steam production rating in its class — 169 pounds per hour — and the high-performance heating technology, the Intek Connectionless Steamer from Groen combines speed and power in one reliable steam cooking solution. But even with all that speed and power, there’s no lack of efficiency. The Intek Connectionless Steamer is ENERGYSTAR® rated and uses 67% less energy than conventional steamers, making it the smart choice for cost savings and sustainability.
It boasts the lowest water consumption of any commercial steamer available — fewer than 1.5 gallons per hour — helping operators reduce monthly water and sewer expenses. And with no boiler or conventional generator, the Intek Connectionless Steamer requires no traditional deliming, boiler maintenance or harsh cleaning chemicals, saving time, money and the environment.
Most operators maintain their Intek Steamer with a simple wipedown at the end of the day using a vinegar-water mix. This helps operators to enjoy substantial savings on costly cleaning agents while spending less time and energy scrubbing equipment. All in all, this versatile steamer is ideal for a wide range of facilities, including school cafeterias, healthcare foodservice operations, restaurant kitchens and anywhere there’s a need for a powerful yet efficient steam cooking solution.
- Internal convection fan provides even energy distribution throughout cooking cavity, ensuring all product cooks consistently with no hot or cold spots
- ENERGYSTAR® rated for batch cooking and re-therm uses
- Available in electric and gas units
- LEED compliant
- Electric units offered in various KW models, and may double as NSF holding cabinets to store pre-cooked product
- Available in six (6) pan electric units with double-stack capability, for 6, and 12-pan capacities to meet user-demand in a single footprint
- Automatic water-fill available on both electric and gas models for additional convenience when water line is available
- Solid-state controls minimize warranty costs, with no computer boards in close proximity to water
- Electric units have no pumps, no floats and no probes that could fail or be damaged
- No water line or drain connections required, and no solenoid valves that could become plugged
- Features heavy-duty construction built for institutional and high-volume batch cooking
- Two-year warranty standard for all K-12 schools, with a one-year warranty for all other venues; cavity covered by a five-year warranty
- Groen steamers were recognized among the foodservice consultant community as Best-in-Class 2014 by Foodservice Equipment & Supplies magazine.