CapKold Water Jets
As the pioneer of cook-chill technology, Groen delivers convenience and innovation in a single unit with the CapKold Water Jet. After cooking is complete, this dual-purpose design rapidly chills food products and ingredients in special plastic casings, using a turbulent water bath to change the temperature from 180ºF to just 40ºF in less than one hour.
Ideal for chilling more liquid-like pliable products like soups, CapKold Water Jets give you the power to slow-cook prepackaged raw meats, vegetables and starches before chilling them for long-term storage. With one unique design, CapKold Water Jets offer two-in-one capability, doubling as a cooker and chiller. And with its direct refrigeration design, there’s no need for a separate refrigeration system, glycol tank or turbo jets — helping reduce the overall footprint of the equipment when space is at a premium.
Unlike competitors’ models which require a separate piece of equipment to raise and lower product, CapKold water jets include an internal hoist mechanism, as well as a powerful circulation pump, automatic operator control package and a sheathed, insulated tank with splash covers. The result is a fully contained, multi-function workhorse that helps maximize space in crowded commercial kitchens — all while delivering optimal cook-chill results with one-touch ease.
- Constructed of Type 304 stainless steel (tank features 1” radius corners)
- Insulating, non-corroding double wall construction on exposed tank sides
- Fully enclosed and vented pump/utility housing
- 6” legs with adjustable floor mounting flanges
- Attached stainless steel splash covers with lift assist
- Probe for recording internal temperature of solid muscle products
- Diverter valve to control water discharge flow and turbulence
- Foreign object screen protects pump
- Water level overflow protection
- Automatic 2” drain with 75gpm capacity
- Control box is NEMA-4 water-resistant enclosure
- One-touch integral controls for chill and heat, step-by-step programming of cook-to-temperature and probe with digital display of chilling time and water temperature
- NSF listed
|Internal hoist is easy to use and makes installation much easier||YES||No|
|Uses direct refrigeration which is more efficient doing the same amount of work using less horsepower||YES||No|